As part of furnishing or renovating the interior of a home, the choice of lighting fixtures plays an important role. In addition to its functional side, lighting fixtures are also an important element of decor. The lamp itself is able to emphasize the style and features of the room. So, if sconces are designed for passageways, chandeliers for the ceiling and spotlights for the edge of the pool, the swing arm desk lamp will be designed for workplaces. The table lamp is a new wind that has just blown through the lighting market. It was designed to provide better lighting comfort for those who want to work at night in optimal conditions.
There are many models of swing arm table lamps on the market. Between an LED, fluorescent or halogen lamp with an articulated arm and a support that can be attached, it’s hard to find your way around. That’s why we created this buying guide for you. You’ll find all the information you need to make the best purchase.
Top 9 Best Swing Arm Desk Lamp: Review
- Tomons Table Lamp
- White Crown Desk Lamp
- Globe Electric Desk Lamp
- TORCHSTAR Table Lamp
- Lepro Lamp for Desk
- Poukaran Table Lamp
- Sympa Desk Lamp
- CUMKA Table Lamp
- LALISU Table Lamp
Below are detailed reviews of each model.
1. Tomons Table Lamp
The rustic style has always attracted many interior designers, not only for its original side, but also because the appearance created an atmosphere of zen. Introduce a touch of originality and liveliness to your office with this LED desk lamp from Tomons. The design is on par, it looks like a classic desk lamp, except the body is made of solid wood. The cable sneaks discreetly inside the design for more design. Flexible, you can adjust the lamp structure to your desired height and angle. In terms of performance, this lamp has an E27 LED lamp base. The light emitted is soft and pleasant for better visual comfort.
- This lamp with a solid wood body is as stylish as it is functional
- Durable and easy to install, it blends easily into any decor
- The lamp emits a soft, eye-pleasing light
- The lamp is not high enough, although it is height-adjustable
2. White Crown Desk Lamp
Increase your workspace with this White Crown desk lamp. Ultra-modern, it seems to be one of the best sellers on the market. It stands out with its sensitive touch control for 5 color modes and 10 brightness levels. Equipped with 52 high-performance LEDs with no strobe or flicker, this lamp guarantees superior visual comfort. In terms of performance, it requires no cable and is equipped with a 2000 mAh lithium battery. However, it has a long autonomy of 4 to 12 hours depending on the type of brightness selected. This smart lamp has a memory function that automatically displays the last selected color with a preset brightness when turned on. It also includes a timer and recharges via the USB input.
- This lamp is a flexible head model that can be rotated 225° for greater ease of use
- The stand can also be rotated from left to right at a 160° angle for better lighting of the frame
- Equipped with a USB input, you can connect your smartphone to it to recharge it
- If the setting is not made, it turns off every 5 minutes
3. Globe Electric Desk Lamp
This Globe Electric table lamp features a neo-vintage design. It monopolizes the same design as the banker lamps, but has a metal structure that guarantees greater reliability. The arm and head can also rotate 360° and tilt at a 130° angle. On the ergonomic side, it is decorated with a cable level switch and a stable clamping leg to fit all desks and worktables. In terms of performance, it has a base for an E27 type lamp.
- Equipped with an E27 base, this lamp can accommodate an incandescent bulb or a light bulb with LED technology
- Because of its design, it can be used as a decoration for both office and indoor space
- Being adjustable and tiltable, it guarantees the best lighting comfort
- The disadvantage of this lamp is that it cannot rotate by itself
4. TORCHSTAR Table Lamp
This is a TORCHSTAR brand LED desk lamp. It is a retro style lamp, perfect for both the desk and the bedside table. And in addition to its functional side, it can also be used as a decorative element to decorate the interior. In particular, the power cable is well integrated into the design for greater aesthetics. Sturdy, it is decorated with a metal construction with a rather well-designed leg that provides great stability. Always at the level of practicality, this device includes a head and a flexible arm. You will be able to adjust the lighting according to your preferences. The E14 type base allows you to choose between a halogen bulb or an energy-saving LED bulb.
- With its retro black design, it can be used in the office as well as in the living room or bedside table
- Thanks to its metal structure, it is resistant to shocks and wear and tear
- Guarantees even light distribution and accurate colors
- The disadvantage of this lamp is that its center hinge tends to return to its original shape
5. Lepro Lamp for Desk
This is a Lepro brand LED desk lamp. It is one of the most high-tech models on the market with touch controls that allow you to adjust the brightness at 10 levels and 5 adjustable temperature modes. This device is battery operated, requires no cable and has a 5V USB port. In terms of performance, it includes a memory function capable of remembering the last light color selected as well as the last brightness. Equipped with LED lights that give a uniform, soft and very comfortable light. In terms of ergonomics, it is decorated with a flexible 180° bracket and an adjustable 90° support. This allows you to change the light direction according to your needs.
- This device is a versatile model that can be used as a makeup lamp or a bedside lamp thanks to the different adjustment possibilities with the touch control
- Equipped with new LED lighting technology, this lamp has a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Thanks to the USB port, it can easily be used as a power source for smartphones, tablets, readers, etc
- Its folding design, smart memory, ergonomics – all the criteria of choice are in this device. The only problem is the limited lifetime of LEDs
6. Poukaran Table Lamp
This table lamp from Poukaran combines aesthetics, ergonomics and performance. It is a model that is experiencing a real stir on the market. Thanks to its slim black body, it blends elegantly into any interior. Its structure displays the calendar, ambient temperature and time. In terms of performance, this device has 3 adjustable light modes with 5 brightness levels. The screen is also adjustable if you want to use the light as a bedside table lamp. Wireless, it is battery operated and easy to charge thanks to the USB charging port.
- Multifunctional, it can be used as a night light, table lamp, power supply for mobile devices or alarm clock
- Touch dimmer is very sensitive and easy to control
- The low power LED guarantees a lamp life of 30,000 hours
- Only one language
7. Sympa Desk Lamp
Enjoy the comfortable light of this Sympa table lamp during reading sessions or prolonged work. Equipped with LED lighting technology, this desk lamp provides dim light without flicker or glare. In addition, the light source emitted by this lamp does not heat up and consumes very little energy. It also has touch control on its support level, which allows you to adjust the brightness and color mode. Powerful, it is battery operated and charges through a USB port. Very fashionable, it has a modern design with a handle and adjustable head to suit your preference.
- With its design and different adjustable brightness levels, this lamp is perfect for desks or bedside tables
- Thanks to LED technology, it emits a soft light that is perfect for accentuating the romantic and zen atmosphere of your indoor space
- The aluminum and plastic finish makes this lamp the perfect piece of interior decoration
- The touch control is very sensitive, so it’s hard to find the right compromise to adjust the color
8. CUMKA Table Lamp
This LED table lamp by CUMKA brand is a lamp with an unusual design. It is decorated with a 360° hollow and flexible structure to make it more aesthetically pleasing. This table lamp also has 2 lighting options: warm white and cool white. The brightness is also adjustable at two levels: dark and bright. Thanks to the scratch-resistant rubberized design, this lantern can be attached to any platform. At the base level, Lympuso used aluminum to ensure that the lamp is more durable. As for the light source, with LED technology, this lamp emits a soft light source that doesn’t get hot.
- With two levels of brightness, this lamp can be used for reading books with maximum visual comfort
- Its rubberized design allows you to mount it on your desk, or even on your bed
- Thanks to the built-in LED, this lamp doesn’t get hot even after hours of use
- The clamp of this lamp is difficult to handle
9. LALISU Table Lamp
Combining retro design and modern technology, this lamp from the brand LALISU is a model that has not left designers indifferent. With its look, design and functionality, it fits elegantly into all interior spaces or offices. Its 18 cm long gooseneck can also swivel at a 180° angle, providing full illumination of the workplace. The lamp, on the other hand, is an energy-saving LED model that emits soft lighting for greater comfort. In terms of performance, it features touch controls that allow for better control of the emitted brightness.
- This lamp is a model adorned with an LED bulb with an average life of 20,000 hours
- The battery life can range from 5 to 8 hours depending on usage and recharging in less than 3 hours
- Touch controls make using the lamp more comfortable
- The only problem is that the lamp does not come with a USB section
Buying Guide Swing Arm Desk Lamp
The table lamp is not like a classic light fixture. It was designed to artificially mimic the light emitted by natural light. Thus, it guarantees a muted and soft light source for optimal comfort. This explains why it is so popular on the market. By definition, a swing arm table lamp is a compact model that requires very little space to install. This is to provide the best light for your workspace without encroaching on it.
Desk lamps come in a variety of models. You’ll find desk lamps, clip-on lamps, USB lamps and swivel bracket lamps, professional desk lamps, among others. So, if you want to make the best purchase, in addition to the above parameters, you also need to consider the following few criteria:
Type of light
The type of brightness plays an important role when choosing a desk lamp and its use. To this end, we advise you to orient your purchase toward models that offer diffuse lighting, a little closer to natural sunlight. This way, the diffusion will be more uniform, allowing you to increase the brightness zone while limiting contrasts. Generally, these bulbs should have 2700 to 3000 kelvin lighting.
The choice of bulb is also an important parameter. As such, we advise you to orient your purchase according to your requirements. If you need a bulb that is powerful enough and can best restore colors, then opt for a halogen bulb. On average, they have a lifespan of 4,000 hours. On the other hand, if you want to emphasize a zen atmosphere without harming the environment, an LED bulb would be preferable. These models may have an average lifespan of 20,000 hours.
Design and practicality
In addition to the functional side, the aesthetic side of your lamp should also be considered more carefully. Indeed, a lamp can also be an important element in decorating your office or your room. If you want to accentuate the vintage side of your workspace, a retro lamp with a rounded base is ideal. For an industrial style, you have modern LED desk lamps with a subtle and futuristic design. In terms of practicality, give preference to lamps with articulated horns and an adjustable head. You’ll be able to adjust its height and lighting to suit your needs.
This criterion applies if you intend to choose an innovative LED table lamp. Be careful to give preference to models that are adorned with touch controls with multiple brightness levels and temperature settings. Some LED table lamps may also have a display screen on which you will find the time, temperature, alarm clock, etc. These models should also be preferred because of their greater practicality. Because of their multi-functional design, these lights can also be used on a bedside table.
What types of lamps are used in table lamps?
When it comes to desk lamps, manufacturers most often use LED lamps. They are economical, environmentally friendly, and guarantee a lifespan of 50,000 hours or more. Fluorescent bulbs, on the other hand, have a lifespan of 10,000 hours and are highly regarded for their rich and varied color reproduction. You will also find halogen bulbs, which are becoming increasingly rare due to their high energy consumption and life limited to 3,000 hours. There are also incandescent bulbs with a lifetime of 1,000 hours and which use more energy. These models are now prohibited.
What models are there for table lamps?
As we mentioned in the introduction, desk lamps come in different designs. First of all, you will find models for posing. These lamps are mounted directly on the workplace and decorated with a switch built directly into the base. Then you have clip-on lamps that hang on the edge of your desk or bedside table. These models are equipped with a clip or screw cap. You will also find the most innovative USB models. These lamps have a USB port and often run on batteries. They can also be used as a charger for mobile devices.
Is it advisable to choose a desk lamp depending on computer use?
Yes, it is recommended to use a desk lamp if you are used to working at night in front of a screen. This is to lessen the reflections on the screen and thus limit your eye fatigue. Be careful to properly direct the light of your lamp to create asymmetrical lighting up to 500 lux.